Five Powerful Green Superfoods You Need In Your Life
Remember when your mother always told you to “eat your greens?” Turns out, mom was right! Green plant-based foods are packed with valuable nutrients that help us all look, feel and act our absolute best. That being said, some of these greens pack more of a powerful punch than others. Those most popular of the green bunch are leafy greens like kale, spinach and chard. Did you know that there are other types of healthy greens out there that can help you stay healthy, happy and energized? These greens don’t receive as much attention as others, but they are just as powerful in keeping us well. Here are five powerful green superfoods you need in your life, right now!
- Parsley – This little leafy green is often overlooked as being a powerful food to incorporate into your diet. Not only is parsley full of vitamin K (important for bone health), it’s an excellent source of immune-boosting vitamin C. Parsley also contains vitamin A which has been shown to promote healthy vision. It’s rich in antioxidants which help fight off damaging free radicals in your body. In particular, parsley is packed with a class of antioxidants known as flavonoids. These flavonoids have been shown to help promote wellness throughout your body and research suggests they may even lower your risk of certain types of cancers.
- Spirulina –Spirulina is one of the oldest life forms on earth and helps to produce oxygen in the atmosphere. It was consumed by the ancient Aztecs for its health-promoting properties. Believe it or not, spirulina is a biomass of cyanobacteria that can be eaten by both humans and animals. It’s loaded with beneficial nutrients, making it one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. Spirulina contains an abundance of protein, making it a perfect supplement for vegans and vegetarians. It is also rich in energizing B vitamins magnesium and potassium. Like parsley, spirulina contains powerful antioxidants to help our bodies reduce inflammation naturally. It’s also been shown to protect your body from LDL cholesterol and certain types of cancer.
- Wheatgrass – While it may look basic, make no mistake! This superfood has been shown to have powerful health benefits, making it a popular ingredient in various drinks and health products. Wheatgrass is the young grass from the wheat plant, picked when it has freshly sprouted from the ground. It contains an abundance of vitamins, including A, C and E. It also has a variety of beneficial amino acids, organic compounds that serve as the building blocks of protein. This powerful super grass can also lower cholesterol and help keep your immune system strong.
- Chlorella – Seaweed is a superfood? You bet! Chlorella is a single-celled freshwater algae that has been shown to help promote wellness in the body. Similar to spirulina, chlorella is packed with protein, making it a favorite supplement among vegans and vegetarians. It also contains an abundance of energizing B-vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids to promote heart health. Chlorella contains beneficial vitamins and minerals including zinc, potassium, calcium and copper. It also has fiber to help keep our digestive system working properly. Taken in supplement form, chlorella is a powerful way to stay healthy all year long.
- Moringa – This superfood has been used for its wellness benefits for thousands of years! Moringa comes from a tree that is typically found in the regions of Asia, Africa and Latin America. In powder form, it contains a high concentration of antioxidants which can help to reduce inflammation while boosting immunity. Moringa is rich in digestion-friendly fiber and has been shown to help lower blood sugar levels naturally. In addition to this, moringa contains compounds that may be helpful in triggering insulin production. This makes moringa a popular choice for people with diabetes.
How can you easily incorporate these incredible green superfoods into your daily diet? Believe it or not, GoBiotix Greens Super Food Juice contains all of them! One scoop of this amazing supplement is packed with organic moringa, chlorella, wheatgrass, spirulina, parsley and other nutrient-dense ingredients. Try adding GoBiotix Greens Super Food Juice to your morning smoothie or simply stir it into your favorite cold beverage. Learn more about GoBiotix Greens Super Food Juice here.